Epidemic, We hold it down like a fat kid on a see-saw.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Hero leveling

Legacy
    Legacy

Hero leveling Empty Hero leveling

Post  Legacy Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:14 pm

First things first.. find a hero. For those of you that have been lucky enough to get a lancelot hero or a holy helm of mars hero, great, for everyone else go to the inn and find a hero with a 69 base. that's level 1 with 69 attack. make sure you use holy water.

After you've got your hero now you want to level the hell out of it. Npcs re-spawn troops every hour. so that means that hero should be hitting as many npcs as it can in that hour, then repeating.
    A good start with a fresh hero is to send him with ballistas while you're farming along with 3k warriors, from those warriors dying you'll get some xp.

This is a level 7 NPC
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can start farming npc 7s with a fresh Inn hero with 67-70 attack, using the same thing as you would to farm a 10. It provides 425kish exp.
    Also note that you should always have war-horn/ivory horn on at all times when farming, if you have them. Most people should. Farming level 10s starts providing consistent losses around 200 att, with all relevant techs at level 10. Below 200 attack level 9 compass is better, but at this point most of us already have level 10 everything (or should).

I would also like to add that your attack hero IS the most important thing in your evony arsenal. Until your attack hero reaches around 250 (at-least) you should focus on hero leveling instead of attacking other players. And also only producing units that will benifit your goals for this period of time. There is no reason you should be feeding troops you don't use. I'm not saying don't build any cav, but if your doing what im saying to do, then you don't need a massive amount, just a few to transport resources around if your cities are spaced apart. Once your able to farm 10s and end the day with more then you started with then you can focus on starting to do other things as well. But I would actually recommend that you continue to build your primary hero up as well as working towards getting another hero ready for farming 10s.

I should also note that an npc 7 has less resources then a 10 obviously, and thus only requires 1000 transports at most. I believe the number for lvl 10 logistics is about 700.

Also while your focusing on your hero try to keep a surplus of scouts, being as how that is how you would be able to most help other people in the alliance and keep quite a few people from attacking you. I'm not saying leave your city defenseless either. You should try to keep a MINIMUM of 100k archers and 10k layers in every city you have.

I'm sure there is a lot more i could add to this but this is all I can think of at this time. Sitting here writing this is probably putting me behind on farming my 10s.
    This section was contributed by a-pothead.

DO NOT TRY TO START FARMING 10s UNTILL YOUR ATTACK HAS REACHED ATLEAST 210-220
    Now were off to the big gains.

95000 archers
    250 pike
    250 swords
    4500 scouts

that's gonna be your key til about 200 att

lets start with level 7 npc. send this attack at them til about 160

level 8 npc til about 170

level 9 npc until 200ish

you can kind of feel it out with losses when you need to switch.

now most people say scout the npc make sure its below level 10 hero defending... i dont bother with that, because we all know we can get level 1 heros with 69 attack, and level 1 heroes with 10 attack, just like the inn... I do recommend that if you suffer alot of losses from 1 npc that you scout it just to change the hero.

heres where it gets fun. level 10 npcs.

there's so many different ways to attack these things, if you have alot of spare swords and pikes i suggest doing...

92500 archers
    4500 scouts
    250 pike
    250 swords
    2000 transports

if you don't have many of those you can switch it to high scout count

90150 archer
    1000 warrior
    7000 scout
    1850 transports

or

94150 archer
    2000 warrior
    2000 worker
    1850 trans

basically you just feel around for what works best for you, everyone will tell you a different way to do it, there's no right or wrong way, basically its just different troop types being lost.[b][u]
    a-pothead
    a-pothead
    The weed smoker.

Hero leveling Empty Re: Hero leveling

Post  a-pothead Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can anyone tell me what Epi did wrong in this situation?
    Legacy
    Legacy

Post  Legacy Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:11 am

lawl.

yeah.
    cheytac

Post  cheytac Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:15 pm

what am i doing wrong? ive gotten this same result the last several attempts at attacking lvl 10 npcs with heros under lvl 10. a week or two ago i thought i used this method and only had 5k archer loss. the only thing i can think of that has changed is my hero going up in levels since then, but that doesnt make sense.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Legacy
    Legacy

Post  Legacy Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:17 pm

what level hero is that?
    a-pothead
    a-pothead
    The weed smoker.

Post  a-pothead Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:48 am

obviously, its a level 158 hero.
    do you currently have a warhorn/ivoryhorn applied? could make all the difference i think
    Legacy
    Legacy

Post  Legacy Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:10 am

a-pothead wrote:obviously, its a level 158 hero.
    do you currently have a warhorn/ivoryhorn applied? could make all the difference i think

obviously i ment attack level you fucking idiot
    cheytac

Post  cheytac Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:02 am

yep i figured out my horn had expired which meant the difference between 15k and 5k archer losses.

and to answer the question his attack is around 230

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content